Sharda Exports is proud of its' serious and ever growing focus on sustainable growth. Some of the green initiatives taken by us are listed below:
- • Environmental Management System that starts with optimum usage of resources, particularly raw materials, water and energy; and includes effective management & control of wastes generated during the production process.
- • Continuous development of innovative products using re-cycled materials like waste leather, fabric, rubber, ties, denims, jeans labels and even used sweaters.
- • Development of products using different shades of natural yarn, avoiding dyeing altogether.
- • Use of Sunlight for drying of carpets, thus saving on fossil fuels/ electricity.
- • Installed two energy efficient Air Handling/ heating units with insulated chamber for carpet drying in foggy/ humid weather.
- • Installed APFC's (Automatic Power Factor Correction Panels) to maintain the power factor above 0.95 thus reducing power consumption.
- • Daily monitoring and control of section-wise power consumption through sub-meters.
- • Automatic Level Control System for prevention of overflow from overhead water tanks at all locations
- • Installed a Carpet Wash Water Recycle System.
- • Septic Tanks for treatment of domestic sewage water before disposal.
- • Segregation of different types of waste at source for better recycle ability.
- • Proper handling, storage, preservation and timely disposal of the waste materials/ empty containers to parties that re-use them in an environment friendly manner.